We offer a WCAG 2.1AA compliant candidate experience and work with The Shaw Trust who are specialists in assessing accessibility compliance and advising on best practice. This supports users who may find online applications a challenge and provides technical compatibility for those who might have their own assistive technology or tools such as screen readers.
In addition, for those users who don’t have their own assistive technology, we offer an Accessibility Toolbar (delivered in partnership with Recite Me) aimed at users with visual impairments and dyslexia. It allows candidates to adjust the font size, the screen contrast, font, read the page aloud, translate content and many other features.
Our candidate sites are used across the public sector with clients including the Isle of Man Government, Enfield Council, NHS Scotland, HMRC, The Local Government Association, NHS Blood & Transplant and NHS Property Services.
Not only does this provision help your organisation remain compliant with legislation, but it also helps empower many more candidates to apply online, who might have otherwise been unable to.
Why it matters
Job seeking isn’t easy for all:
- Disabled people have to apply for 60% more jobs to get hired (source: The Independent)
- 1 in 3 Job seekers think online job applications are suitably accessible for disabled people (source: RIDI)
- Only 26% of people think online applications are suitably accessible for people who speak English as a second language (source: RIDI)
- As many as 75% of disabled job seekers feel their condition has an impact on their job search (source: RIDI)
- Only two in five (40%) of disabled workers believe there are good job opportunities available to them. (source: Indeed)
Employers benefit too:
- 2.3% higher cash flow diverse companies enjoy 2.3 times higher cash flow per employee (source: Deloitte)
- 19% Revenue Increase For companies with diverse management teams compared to their less diverse counterparts (source: Boston Consulting Group)
- 30% Profit Margin For companies that embrace best practices for employing and supporting people with disabilities (source: Accenture)
- 87% Better At decision making and more likely to capture new markets with diverse companies with inclusive talent to capture new markets (source: Bullitin Beta)
- 75% of those with disabilities and their carers ceased being customers with companies due to poor service (source: BBC)